The Cine-Tourist is a site created by me, Roland-François Lack, as a repository of my research around cinema and place.
I am based at University College London, where I teach French and Film.
If you want to see what I look like, I'm the recurring bald person in these photographs of a soirée at the Roxy Bar & Screen, organised by Passengerfilms, where I was the warm-up act before a reading from deep topographer Nick Papadimitriou, and a screening of John Rogers's wonderful film about him, The London Perambulator.
I also turn up in this promotional video for Film Studies at UCL.
(I was born here, a maternity home on Alexandra Park Road)
If you have any comments or information you'd like to pass on, please email me.
Comments on The Cine-Tourist:
- The Bioscope: here
- Film Studies For Free: here
- Illuminations: essential media for the arts: here
- Observations on Film Art (Thompson & Bordwell): here
- TescoInferno: here
- 'could it be the best site ever?': Bouphonia
- 'oh my god papa writes about himself in the third person': my children